Madmind Studios has announced that PC players will not be receiving an "Adult Only" patch, but instead a small amount of seconds have been shaven off some of the games possible endings.
The developers have revealed this news through a Steam Community post that details the efforts the developer has gone through to even get the game to pass ratings companies. According to the post "The censorship now affects only several seconds from two endings (out of seven) and some scenes that may be unlocked only after the end of the game. We will be able to show them to you in a video that we are planning to release soon."
Another side note is that Madmind Studios has said that all of the scenes that have been displayed in the titles promotional videos such as trailers or screenshots will not be censored at all. Here is what the developer has said when addressing the "Adult Only" patch: "Secondly, due to legal issues, we are not going to be able to release the Adult Only patch. However, that content does not affect the game in any significant way because the deleted material that was supposed to be added in the latest version of the patch is from two endings (out of seven) and some scenes that may be unlocked only after the end of the game. We are going to publish a comparison video on May 30th, 2018 so you will not miss out anything."
If you are interested in reading the full community post from Madmind Studios check out the official Steam page for the title here.
Last updated: Sep 25, 2019 at 11:56 pm CDT
- Second half of Rick and Morty Season 4 rumored to release in April
- Project xCloud PC game streaming coming in 2020
- Sony isn't 100% sure COVID-19 won't delay PlayStation 5 and new games
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- > NEXT STORY: Fallout 3 remastered: console mods and creation club?
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Team Ninja announces that Nioh has hit 2 million copies sold