Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead

The action horror series is officially dead.

Published Feb 21, 2017 4:45 PM CST   |   Updated Tue, Nov 3 2020 11:56 AM CST
0 minutes & 36 seconds read time

Sad news for 'Hellboy' fans today, with director Guillermo Del Toro taking to Twitter to confirm the project is officially dead.

In recent times, fans had been buoyed by optomistic comments from Del Toro and star Ron Perlman that a third 'Hellboy' might eventuate, but now it seems that all hope is lost. The original 'Hellboy' was a financial disappointment that couldn't crack $100 million worldwide off a $66 million budget, while the sequel garnered an improved $165 million gross which also failed to satisfy studio bigwigs.

Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead | TweakTown.com

Del Toro is now focused on delivering his next feature 'The Shape of Water', which finds a janitor at a secret government facility falling in love with an aquatic man who's being held captive for testing.

Ben joined the TweakTown team in 2008 and has since reviewed 100s of movies. Ben is based in Australia and has covered entertainment news and reviews since 2002. A student of film, Ben brings a wide understanding of the medium to the latest happenings in entertainment circles and the latest blockbuster theatrical reviews.

Newsletter Subscription

    Related Tags

    Newsletter Subscription
    Latest News
    View More News
    Latest Reviews
    View More Reviews
    Latest Articles
    View More Articles