Sony has finally launched its PlayStation VR headset, but how successful has it been so far? Quite successful according to Sony Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe President and Chief Executive, Jim Ryan, who recently spoke with CNBC about the launch of PSVR.
Ryan said that PSVR launch sales have been in the "many hundreds of thousands", but didn't provide any specific numbers. He did say that interest in PlayStation VR was "significant" based on pre-order data, with the PSVR headset sold out in countless places, with Amazon UK saying they won't have orders caught up until sometime in December.
He also said that protection for PSVR is going well, saying: "We have made decisions to further increase capacity at the back end of 2016 and into 2017, so there are going to be a lot of PlayStation VRs around the world, whether that's enough to satisfy the demands of the market, we'll see".
Check out all of our PlayStation VR content right here.
PlayStation VR Specs at a glance
- 5.7-inch OLED display with true R, G and B sub pixels per pixel
- 1080p resolution
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Low latency under 18ms
- Positional tracking with 9 LEDs
- 360 degree head-tracking
- 3D audio
- 100-degree field of view
- Accelerometer and gyroscope for motion sensing
- > NEXT STORY: Dark Souls 3 DLC trailer showcases new content and modes
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Shadow Warrior 2 is one of the best PC games of 2016