Apple may have just revealed its new, but old iPhone SE - but now the latest rumors from credible Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo with KGI Securities has the company teasing the next-gen iPhone.
Kuo teases that the iPhone to be revealed in 2017 will be completely new, with glass casing and a sure-to-be beautiful AMOLED display. Kuo believes that Apple will choose between glass, plastric and ceramic casing for its next-gen iPhone, but believes Apple will land on using glass - like it did with the iPhone 4 "as plastic doesn't offer thin and light form factor designs, and it would be not easy to precisely control the tolerance of ceramic".
The new iPhone will also reportedly feature a curved display, much like their competitor Samsung and their Galaxy S6 edge and Galaxy S7 edge smartphones. KGI says that Apple will build on the iPhone 4 design, with the 2017 iPhone featuring a glass front and back, with metal sides. Kuo adds that the new iPhone will feature a "completely new form factor design", with narrow bezels and a "more comfortable grip".
Not only that, but KGI teases that Apple could release a huge 5.8-inch iPhone 7 in 2017 with an AMOLED display. Considering the iPhone 6S Plus has a huge 5.5-inch display, the new form factor would have to be impressive for it to be smaller than the 5.5-inch iPhone. We should expect the larger 5.8-inch iPhone to replace, and completely take over the 5.5-inch iPhone if it arrives in 2017.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:51 pm CDT
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- > NEXT STORY: PS4.5 would play Ultra HD Blu-ray, as well as 4K gaming and VR
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Galaxy S7 is 25% slower after gaming for only 15 minutes, overheating?