The new Hitman launches on March 11, with the developer teasing that it will support DirectX 12 at launch - which is awesome. The news arrived from the PC Gamer Weekender event that took place over the weekend.
With Hitman having support for DX12, we can expect to see better performance, mostly thanks to the improved multithreaded support, and increased performance for CPU-bound instructions. PC Gamer's slide image said that DX12 will provide Hitman with:
- better multithreading
- increased performance where CPU bound
- better experiences for laptop gamers
- asynchronous compute on AMD cards for significant performance gains
- early days but we will continue expanding and improving on the Dx12 experience in future releases
- > NEXT STORY: Ubisoft outlines its DLC roadmap for The Division
- < PREVIOUS STORY: CD Projekt Red confirms 'most of The Witcher sales are for the PC'