Windows Spotlight is a great feature that can actually be useful at times. Showing you some nice artistic photographs on your lockscreen and even suggesting some surprisingly useful apps on your start menu. A recent update seems to have added some annoying ads that go beyond simple suggestions. But thankfully there's a way to turn it off.
In fact, it's very simple. But it also means you won't get a rotating gallery of beautiful photos when you start-up. You might find ads magically appearing about games or even other products that aren't even related to Microsoft. Just follow the below steps and you'll be just fine, sans ads.
- Open the Start Menu and search for "Lock Screen Settings."
- Under "Background," select either Picture or Slideshow, instead of Windows Spotlight.
- Scroll down to "Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen" and this toggle.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:55 pm CDT
- > NEXT STORY: Nintendo Direct coming back with a Pokemon themed episode on Friday
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Hitman 'Legacy' cinematic bridges the gap between the old and the new