We knew Star Wars: The Force Awakens would make an entire galaxy of money, but the J.J. Abrams-directed movie has broken the single-day box office record in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Sweden and Norway.
The Force Awakens set opening records in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, New Zealand, Finland, Netherlands, Ukraine, Slovakia, Croatia, Iceland, Serbia, Switzerland, Chile, and Peru. The Force Awakens has pulled in $129.7 million for its worldwide opening, including the record $57 million from Thursday's US box office numbers. Even before Star Wars: The Force Awakens was released, it had outsold every other film in history on Fandango.
- EA cancels new open-world Star Wars Battlefront game from EA Vancouver
- EA's next Star Wars game will be 'very unique,' could it have co-op?
- Jedi: Fallen Order 2 may release by 2021 on next-gen consoles
- Will Disney's new CEO renew EA's Star Wars game license?
- Jedi: Fallen Order is now the fastest-selling Star Wars game ever
- > NEXT STORY: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice might receive a 70mm release
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Valve, HTC have made a 'very big technological breakthrough' with Vive