Ever since the 'Harry Potter' film franchise wrapped up with 2011's 'The Deathly Hallows: Part 2', Warner Bros. have been looking at ways to keep the multi-billion series going , investigating different possibilities from author J.K. Rowling's extensive universe of writing. The studio settled on developing the 42 page spin-off novel 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' and today they've released the first teaser trailer.
Based on the work which Rowling wrote as a Comic Relief donation, the film follows writer Newt Scamander, the wizarding author on one of Harry's textbooks approximately 70 years before the events of the 'Harry Potter' series. With at least three parts in production, the film stars Eddie Redmayne and is Directed by David Yates.
'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' hits cinemas in 2D, 3D and IMAX on November 18, 2016.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 06:02 am CDT
- New Harry Potter third-person wizard RPG could be revealed soon
- There's been an entirely new Harry Potter game created in Minecraft
- Warner Bros. employee caught stealing $48,000 of Harry Potter merch
- Witcher TV show gets 'main' trailer with naked Geralt, Dec 20th debut
- Rick and Morty Season 4 Episode 5 teaser clip - Rick's space flat tire
- > NEXT STORY: World's first Wii U emulator can run Mario Kart 8
- < PREVIOUS STORY: ESL chooses the new Unreal Tournament for its eSports future