In what should come as a total surprise, Mortal Kombat X has topped NPD Group's sales rankings for video games at the retail level in the US for the first half of 2015. Considering the #2 title is Grand Theft Auto V, this is a huge scoop for Warner Bros., especially after the huge issues surrounding Batman: Arkham Knight.
Most of the games on the chart will be games you either own, or have heard of, but it's quite surprising to see Mortal Kombat X top the list. Here's the top 10 sales rankings for video games at retail for the first half of 2015, according to NPD Group:
- 1. Mortal Kombat X (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
- 2. Grand Theft Auto V (Publisher: Take-Two Interactive Software)
- 3. Battlefield Hardline (Publisher: Electronic Arts)
- 4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Publisher: Activision)
- 5. Minecraft (Publisher: Microsoft)
- 6. Batman: Arkham Knight (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
- 7. Dying Light (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
- 8. NBA 2K15 (Publisher: Take-Two Interactive Software)
- 9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Publisher: CD Projekt Red)
- 10. Super Smash Bros. (Publisher: Nintendo)
- >> NEXT STORY: Valve talks about Half-Life 3, says it can't exist 'outside of a game'
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Biggest issue with Gears of War on Xbox One was maintaining 60FPS