During Nintendo's earnings report, the Japanese gaming giant revealed the overall Wii U sales figures, as well as updating its best-selling games list for its current generation console.
The company sold 3.38 million Wii U consoles during its last fiscal year, with the Wii U racking up a total of 9.54 million consoles as of March 31. If we compare this to its Japanese rival in Sony, which has shipped 22.3 million PlayStation 4 consoles. But when it comes to games, we finally find out which games Nintendo has been doing well on, with Mario Kart 8 being absolutely no surprise at all.
With 9.54 million Wii U consoles in the wild, Mario Kart 8 has sold 5.11 million units, meaning that over 50% of Wii U owners have purchased Mario Kart 8 which is quite big for Nintendo. New Super Mario Bros. U comes in second with 4.81 million units, while Nintendo Land comes in third with 4.68 million sales.
- Mario Kart 8 - 5.11 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U - 4.81 million
- Nintendo Land - 4.68 million
- Super Mario 3D World - 4.10 million
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U - 3.65 million
- New Super Luigi U - 2.25 million
- Wii Party U - 1.55 million
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - 1.52 million
- > NEXT STORY: ARK: Survival Evolved announced, uses Unreal Engine 4 and DirectX 12
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Nintendo's next-gen console will be revealed next year, no region lock