Biometric smart clothing company Hexoskin has announced the Hexoskin Junior, the world's first biometric shirt for kids and teenagers.
The shirt makes it possible to track the following: heart rate, step count, sleep duration, calories burned, heart rate recovery, heart rate variability, breathing rate, breathing volume, activity level, acceleration, cadence, and more.
The custom biometric shirt can measure 42,000 data points per minute, with data sent via Bluetooth in real-time, designed to help coaches and athletes better understand their performance. Manufactured to be extremely lightweight, warm, and comfortable, it can measure biometrics during physical activity and sleep - with the Bluetooth device connected to fabric sensors inside of a built-in pocket.
"Youth athletics are popular all over the world," said Pierre-Alexandre Fournier, co-founder and CEO of Hexoskin. "Whether it's hockey, baseball, football, soccer, volleyball or track & field, kids are part of intense training programs that are training them to become champions and Olympians. With the addition of Hexoskin Junior, we've set out to provide coaches, parents and kids with the invaluable tools our adult shirts provide."
Last updated: Jan 11, 2015 at 12:00 am CST
- 2 teens cost Walmart almost $10,000 for 'I have the coronavirus' prank
- Unique T-shirts will be made for every Rick and Morty Season 4 episode
- Poland makes country-wide Minecraft servers for kids that are at home
- Vita like PlayStation 5 controller patent isn't what you think
- PS5 cartridges aren't real, patents are for Sony kids toys
- > NEXT STORY: Sceptre shows off the SoundBase TV audio system, its latest speaker
- < PREVIOUS STORY: ECOXGEAR working with SunCore on solar-powered portable electronics