WhatsApp is a near unstoppable messaging client, so I'm sure most people will still balk at the fact Facebook dished out an enormous $22 billion to acquire them earlier this year. The company is now set to launch its new feature, a voice calling function, to its app in the coming weeks or months.
Some new leaked photos are showing us what the latest update to WhatsApp will deliver, where we won't only get voice calling but image files and text support, too. The new details were yanked from the latest version of WhatsApp by Android World, where we can see the new features in all their glory.
We don't know when the voice calling function is coming to WhatsApp, but judging from this information being pulled from the latest version, I'm sure it can't be long now.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- WhatsApp is now home to over 2 billion active users
- Don't worry, gender-neutral voice assistants are on the way
- This voice-only controlled game is based on Netflix's '3%' series
- Facebook worried its servers will 'melt down' over coronavirus panic
- Report: voice fraud attacks have 350+% from 2014-2018 = 90 per minute
- > NEXT STORY: Japan working to improve cybersecurity after Sony Pictures attack
- < PREVIOUS STORY: LG G3 owner has phone explode, burns a hole in her bed