If you've been using AirDroid: great, if not, you might want to check it out. AirDroid 3 is now out, a piece of software that allows you to access, and use your Android-powered devices from your desktop.
Sand Studio has announced that it has released AirDroid 3, its latest and greatest update to AirDroid that has one very big new trick up its sleeve: a native app. AirDroid can still be used from your web browser, but with a native application out now, you have a big choice. There are some features that you should know about, which might swing your decision-making process:
- Files: Transfer between a computer and an Android device.
- SMS: Receive and reply to SMS.
- Notification mirroring: Android app notifications are pushed to the desktop in real-time.
- Calls: Get incoming call alerts and reject calls with a message.
- Contacts: Manage contacts.
- Air Mirror (mirrors an Android device's display so any app can be used on a computer)
Right now it seems the desktop app isn't working for some, myself included, throwing up errors whenever I go to sign in. There are countless people on AirDroid's Google+ page complaining about it, so I'm not alone it seems.