Weeks before E3 2014 kicks off, we're hearing about Half-Life 3 from the co-creator of Counter-Strike, Minh Le. Le has said that he's personally seen artwork of Half-Life 3, and even captured a look at Left 4 Dead 3, too.
Le talked about Half-Life 3, where he said: "I don't know if I can talk about that, to be honest, but I think it's kind of public knowledge that people know that it is being worked on. And so if I were to say that yeah, I've seen some images, like some concept art of it, that wouldn't be big news, to be honest".
He continued: "But yeah, I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. It wouldn't surprise anyone if I said they're doing it, they're working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I'd say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3". When it comes to Left 4 Dead 3, Le had much more to say: "The one thing I'm really excited about is Left 4 Dead, the new Left 4 Dead. I saw it, it looks great. I was really excited when I saw that. I was like 'wow, this looks great'".
"I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn't many good co-op games, so it was like yeah, this is a great co-op game," said Le.
- Is there an Alternate Reality Game hidden inside of Half-Life: Alyx?
- Half-Life: Alyx is the best PC game of 2020 on Metacritic
- We might see Half-Life: Alyx playable without a VR headset soon
- Valve: Half-Life games are technical achievements, not just games
- Half-Life: Alyx is just the beginning of Half-Life's resurgence
- > NEXT STORY: NASA and amateur astronomers work to put old satellite back on task
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Cox plans to roll out residential gigabit internet service