Apricorn, one of the industry's leading designers of secure mobile storage solutions has just unveiled its latest rigged mobile storage solution. The Aegis padlock SSD has been designed to specifically meet the stringent and rigorous need of government, military and law enforcement needs when it comes to strong and secure mobile storage.
The Aegis Padlock SSD features a crush-resistant aluminum enclosure that is able to withstand more than 6500-pounds of force and is water-resist, dust proof, and shock proof. With no moving parts, the device is able to withstand the extremely harsh environment of everything from a combat zone, to day-to-day law enforcement use. The device is invincible to key logging attacks, and with all data on the drive being protected with real-time AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption, access to the drive is permitted only by the user's unique PIN via an on-board keypad.
"For those deployed in harsh environments, computing solutions must be built to the highest level of durability and reliability. Sensitive data may be used for mission-critical applications, and failure in the field is just not an option," said Mike McCandless, VP of Sales and Marketing at Apricorn. "With this in mind, we tasked our engineers to come up with super rugged drive that could really take a beating; one that not only protects data against a myriad of security threats, but physical threats as well."
- Rugged Solid State Drive - Drop and vibration resistant, unaffected by high humidity and works in extreme temperatures
- Crush Resistant, Solid Aluminum Enclosure - Rated to 6500 lbs
- Dust and Water Resistant Design
- Secure PIN Access - Onboard keypad prevents hardware and software key logging
- Military grade AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption - protects 100% data in real-time
- Software Free Design - Cross platform compatible, and no Administrator Rights required
- Independent Admin and User PINs - Perfect for corporate deployments or as a business collaboration tool
- Integrated USB 3.0 cable for data transfer speeds up to 230 MB/s
- Tamper resistant - Epoxy resin destroys circuit board and encryption chip if tampered with
- Auto-lock - Ideal for protecting your data when you're away from your computer, you can configure the drive to lock after a pre-determined amount of time of your choosing
- Brute Force Attack Defense Mechanism - Crypto erase after 20 consecutive failed entries
- Encryption keys are randomly generated
- OS/Host independent - Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and more
- Available in Capacities of up to 480 GB
- 120 GB: $429
- 240 GB: $629
- 480 GB: $999
- > NEXT STORY: Mobster's daughter sues over GTA V, says it copied her life story
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Mr. Freeze DLC coming to Batman: Arkham Origins this April