I admit it: I used to be a huge Facebook Messenger user, but I've converted over to Hangouts for most of my chat now. I still use Messenger for chatting with people I can't chat with on Hangouts, but Messenger has just received a new update, and it looks swish.
It was previously only made available for a limited number of users, but now it has rolled out to the public, with an all-new design and fresh new features. We have a nice white and light blue design, as well as improved performance, and new chat features. The new chat features include the ability to message people with just their phone number, which is a nice touch.
You can grab the latest version of Facebook Messenger from the Google Play Store, if your device hasn't auto-updated already.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- You cannot use Messenger without signing up for a Facebook account
- Here's how to enable dark mode on Facebook desktop
- GIVEAWAY: SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5600 XT 6G GDDR6 Video Card
- GIVEAWAY: Seagate IronWolf 16TB HDD and IronWolf 110 480GB SSD
- Facebook working on OS from scratch, wants to break up with Android
- > NEXT STORY: Intel's new 9-series chipset reportedly won't feature SATA Express
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Obduction, from the makers of Myst, passes its Kickstarter goal