Today, Roku announced that Verizon's RedBox Instant service is now available on the Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku HD, and Roku LT set-top boxes and the Roku Streaming Stick. The new service allows not only Verizon subscribers but everyone else to access the app and rent and purchase new releases on-demand.
RedBox Instant is also offering a one-month free trial of its subscription service that includes free unlimited streaming of a list of "hit movies" and four DVD credits to be used at RedBox kiosks. Users can download the app by visiting the Roku Channel Store and searching for the RedBox Instant by Verizon logo. Below is a list of features that Roku says is available via RedBox Instant:
5,500+ active digital movies instantly and more than 680 discs available in Redbox kiosks
- The ability to locate and reserve movies and video games* on disc at more than 43,000 Redbox kiosks nationwide.
- Movie trailers and user reviews to allow previewing and researching films before you stream, reserve at the kiosk, rent or buy (when available).
- Bookmark functionality to keep track of all movies discovered on the service for future viewing
- The option to start, stop and resume watching movies.
- Parental controls to manage on-demand purchasing and content restrictions for young children, children and teens.
- > NEXT STORY: Microsoft releases unboxing video of Xbox One in final trim
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Plans for final Assassin's Creed game have been laid says Ubisoft