If you own stock in QUALCOMM Incorporated, today is a very good day for you. The company announced this morning that it will be paying a quarterly cash dividend of $0.35 per common share which will be payable on September 25, 2013. This dividend comes after record-breaking quarters for the company as the mobile devices market continues unprecedented growth in all sectors.
During the second quarter of 2013, QUALCOMM amassed $6.12 billion in revenue which is up 24 percent over the same period in 2012. Of that $6.12 billion, $1.87 billion accounted for net income which was actually down 16 percent year-over-year. Operating cash flow came in around $2.2 billion which was up 17 percent year-over-year. Second-quarter operating income was around $1.88 billion which is said to be up 24 percent year-over-year.
"We delivered another strong quarter as the worldwide adoption of smartphones continues," said Dr. Paul E. Jacobs, chairman and CEO of Qualcomm. "Looking forward, we are seeing strong traction with our new Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 and 800 processors, and we continue to expect healthy growth in 3G and 3G/4G multimode devices around the world. We are pleased to be raising our calendar 2013 3G/4G device shipment estimates and our revenue and earnings guidance for fiscal 2013."
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 765/765G: making 5G mainstream
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X60: next-gen 5G modem announced, built on 5nm
- Qualcomm aims to ship over 750 million 5G smartphones in 2022
- Qualcomm Adreno 650 GPU 'most efficient graphics core in the world'
- Qualcomm expects 2.8 billion 5G connections by 2025
- > NEXT STORY: Google is planning a press event for July 24, could talk about the next revision of Android
- < PREVIOUS STORY: WhatsApp removes up-front fee iOS devices, moves to yearly subscription plan