Computex Taipei 2009: We made a stop at the Intel booth out at Nangang earlier today and what got our attention was its wall of P55 Express based motherboards for the upcoming Lynnfield "Core i5" processors, if they'll even end up being called that.
We asked Intel to give us a rundown of P55 and the partner boards on display, but it seemed like they were all too scared to talk us. I guess Intel has too many rules when it comes to talking to media. That was a bit of a shame, but we managed to produce a short video of the mobo wall and you get a look at a range of upcoming boards from the likes of ASUS, GIGABYTE, DFI, MSI and so on.
Coming up shortly we have a bit of a hands-on demo with the upcoming Clarkfield processor based system from Intel (using an MSI pre-production motherboard) which includes an onboard graphics chip.
Last updated: Dec 3, 2019 at 09:33 am CST
- Intel multi-GPU tech: if done right, could hurt AMD and NVIDIA
- Intel CEO Bob Swan not interested in holding 90% CPU market share
- Warner Bros. employee caught stealing $48,000 of Harry Potter merch
- Chinese pharmacy fined $430,000+ for jacking up face mask cost by 6x
- Intel struggles continue to ryze: Samsung to help Intel make CPUs
- > NEXT STORY: Intel shows "Clarkdale" system with on-chip GPU
- < PREVIOUS STORY: ASUS Mars GTX 295 SLI with 8GB RAM + Far Cry 2160p