LONDON - April 15, 2003 - Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY), a leading software industry publisher and developer, announced today that The SufferingTM, an all-new, action-packed survival horror game, is scheduled to ship in Early 2004 for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, the XboxTM video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCubeTM.
Midway enters the disturbing realm of the horror genre with The Suffering, a stylish and compelling third-person action/adventure game set in the gritty world of a maximum-security prison.
The Suffering redefines terror with a chilling look into a penitentiary haunted by tortured apparitions; the ghosts of executed prisoners emerge from the shadows of the gas chamber, or are glimpsed in the flash from a bare electric wire. Horror surrounds you.
Suspense builds over nine levels, The Suffering features dynamic lighting that illuminates frightening visions and frantic combat sequences. In the dark world of The Suffering, creatures attack from the shadows and emerge from jail cells, chambers, the ground and trees, surprising the player in the most disturbing ways possible. As Torque, the main character, players encounter a cast of twisted, hardened criminals, prison guards and grotesque apparitions as they desperately try to escape.
Jailed for a murder he may or may not have committed, the disturbed Torque is next in line for execution when monstrous apparitions besiege the prison and inadvertently free him. More than ten deadly weapons can be discovered as Torque sets out to uncover his past and unlock the deadly secrets of The Suffering. In the game, players can transform Torque into his monstrous alter ego and unleash the power of his primal fury to successfully destroy 12 horrific creatures. Depending on how they play the game, players will arrive at three distinct endings for a unique gaming experience. The Suffering is dripping with spooky atmosphere. A combination of storyline, style and gameplay that draws the gamer into a dark world. "The Suffering is an edge-of-your-seat thriller, it will grab and shock gamers from the opening scenes." said Mike Eglington, Senior Product Manager, Midway Europe.
Stan Winston, renowned creature designer, contributed to The Suffering's chilling atmosphere by creating artwork for some of the grotesque monsters appearing in the game. For more than 30 years Stan Winston has created characters, creatures and monsters for motion pictures and television. The four-time Academy Award winner is responsible for creating many of the most enduring creatures of the big screen, including the dinosaurs of "Jurassic Park," the extraterrestrial monstrosities of "Aliens" and the fanciful character of "Edward Scissorhands." Nominated for an Academy Award for "A.I.," Stan Winston is currently working on the upcoming "T3" starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
The Suffering Key Features:Terrifying Levels - Nine levels - indoor and outdoor terrain with horror lurking in every shadowy corner. Frightening Character Morphs - Fill the rage meter and transform Torque into a hideous and powerful creature. Deadly Weapons - More than 10 deadly weapons from the shiv to the tommy gun to help you survive this freakish nightmare. Horrific Monsters - A dozen monsters, each representing the methods of execution they suffered. Gory Detail - Blood and gore, dripping, pooling and splattering at every level of the fright-filled journey. Disturbing Choices - Interact with different hardened criminals and determine their fate. Unique Endings - Three distinct endings depending on how the game is played. Taboo Environments - Explore the deepest recesses of the most wicked prison environment. Endless Terror - More than 20 hours of thrilling gameplay.
Midway Games Inc. is a developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. Midway videogames are available for play on videogame platforms including the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, XboxTM video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCubeTM and Game Boy Advance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit