MSI P965 Neo
Now it's to our last board for this roundup, the MSI P965 Neo which is MSI's cheaper board in their P965 range. The board is actually smaller than the rest of the group measuring a standard ATX layout size. This board will fit into the more compact ATX cases on the market. The PCB is a red colour that MSI uses for its mainstream products.
Placement of connectors is really a mixed affair - the 24-pin power and 4-pin CPU port are between the Northbridge heatsink and the I/O ports, not the best place for them at all. The IDE port is located near the SATA ports at the bottom right of the board, which is not too bad. The FDD connector is really in the worst place at the bottom middle of the board which is just a horrible place to put it.
Layout around the CPU is reasonably clean. The board features a 4 phase power system for the CPU and is not cooled by any external means.
The rear I/O is setup to MSI's mainstream standards. There are no e.SATA ports, SPDIF ports or any extra features here.
Lastly we are onto expansion slots. MSI goes for a single PCI Express x16 slot (like the Foxconn motherboard, ATI Crossfire support is not possible), 2 PCI Express x1 slots and 3 PCI slots. For additional controllers there is only a single JMicron chip for the IDE controller.
As far as features go, out of all the motherboards in this roundup the MSI has the least amount but that should make pricing more affordable and that's something we will look into later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- Halo 6 won't have battle royale, 343i reiterates
- Genesis Mini's classic games library is shaping up nicely
- Leaked Left 4 Dead 3 screenshots show Middle Eastern theme
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Massage salon
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!