MSI P965 Neo
Now it's to our last board for this roundup, the MSI P965 Neo which is MSI's cheaper board in their P965 range. The board is actually smaller than the rest of the group measuring a standard ATX layout size. This board will fit into the more compact ATX cases on the market. The PCB is a red colour that MSI uses for its mainstream products.
Placement of connectors is really a mixed affair - the 24-pin power and 4-pin CPU port are between the Northbridge heatsink and the I/O ports, not the best place for them at all. The IDE port is located near the SATA ports at the bottom right of the board, which is not too bad. The FDD connector is really in the worst place at the bottom middle of the board which is just a horrible place to put it.
Layout around the CPU is reasonably clean. The board features a 4 phase power system for the CPU and is not cooled by any external means.
The rear I/O is setup to MSI's mainstream standards. There are no e.SATA ports, SPDIF ports or any extra features here.
Lastly we are onto expansion slots. MSI goes for a single PCI Express x16 slot (like the Foxconn motherboard, ATI Crossfire support is not possible), 2 PCI Express x1 slots and 3 PCI slots. For additional controllers there is only a single JMicron chip for the IDE controller.
As far as features go, out of all the motherboards in this roundup the MSI has the least amount but that should make pricing more affordable and that's something we will look into later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rime on the Nintendo has been fixed, looks decent now
- Onrush launches on the 5th of June, new trailer released
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit