Starting off the last decade or so we have the rise of cryptocurrency with Bitcoin, with a still unknown person (or group of people) going by the name Satoshi Nakamoto "inventing" Bitcoin in 2008. It was all kicked off in 2009, with Bitcoin seeing its source code released into the world of open source.
NVIDIA 3D Vision
NVIDIA discontinued 3D Vision in its drivers in 2019, but man did the original 3D Vision kick ass in certain games. I had a unit with the Samsung 2233RZ monitor, and Left 4 Dead was an absolute blast (and scary AF) in 3D... lots of fun was had in that game alone.
120Hz Gaming Monitors
NVIDIA launched its 3D Vision with the Samsung 2233RZ monitor at the time, which had 1680 x 1050 @ 120Hz -- turn off the 3D Vision, and you have super-slick 120Hz refresh rate. This was a big eye-opener for me at the time, and one of my 'drugs of choice' entering into the high refresh rate LCD monitor world.
Last updated: Dec 30, 2019 at 06:11 am CST
- Half-Life: Alyx Buyers Guide: PC Hardware & VR Headset Recommendations
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood Benchmarked: GeForce & Radeon Battle It Out
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood Benchmarked: NVIDIA DLSS & Ray Tracing Tested
- Intel Xe: One GPU Architecture To Rule Them All
- Metro Exodus Benchmarked: The New 'Can It Run Crysis'