Intel's new Deep Learning Instruction Set
Many deep learning applications utilize matrix multiplication, and Intel has found a way to utilize int8 to produce more power efficient and more effective deep learning capabilities. Intel has been trying to break into the AI market as NVIDIA has been expanding into the market as well, so these technologies are foundational to Intel's future in the datacenter and AI market.
Vector-based matrix multiplication is traditionally done through FMA floating point operations, but with AVX512+VNNI Intel is also to utilize INT8 and produce performance on par with sing/dual precision floating point operations.
We should mention that the VNNI is actually based in hardware, it's not some software trick, but rather hardware was added just like Intel does for AVX. We can see that this hardware reduces the time it takes from 3 cycles to just a single cycle.
Here we can see how many MACs per cycle perform per different scenarios, and Intel also took note of power usage. We see lower power consumption with more performance than FP32 and more of a performance boost than FP32 at the same power.
Other scenarios show that L2 cache miss rates have decreased in certain scenarios, which is great for performance.
We also see that memory bandwidth constrained scenarios have decreased as well in certain cases.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Meet the new 2nd gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors]
- Page 2 [Performance and Configurations]
- Page 3 [New Cascade Lake Technologies]
- Page 4 [Intel's new Deep Learning Instruction Set]
- Page 5 [2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processor SKUs]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets final DLC 'The Path home'
- GIGABYTE's new AERO 15 Classic notebook is 0.74 inches thick
- World War Z has managed to sell 250K copies on Epic Store
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)