New Cascade Lake Technologies
First off we find Intel's Speed Select Technology (SST), which allows for prioritization of cores to certain jobs, such as reducing the frequency for low priority jobs to maintain high frequency on a high priority job. It can also run specific cores at higher power limits while reducing the power limits of other cores.
Intel's customers are free to customize this technology and can pick from SST-PP profiles. It can be configured to run fewer cores at higher frequency or more cores at lower frequency, basically allowing the system to maximize resources through power manipulation and opportunistic turbo profiles.
Intel has shown us some of their new hardware mitigations for their 2nd generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors. Variant 2 has some hardware hardening as does variant 3 and variant 4. Variant 3a was mitigated through hardware.
Intel has found that these hardware mitigations offer better performance than their software based variants, resulting in lower performance loss.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Meet the new 2nd gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors]
- Page 2 [Performance and Configurations]
- Page 3 [New Cascade Lake Technologies]
- Page 4 [Intel's new Deep Learning Instruction Set]
- Page 5 [2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processor SKUs]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets final DLC 'The Path home'
- GIGABYTE's new AERO 15 Classic notebook is 0.74 inches thick
- World War Z has managed to sell 250K copies on Epic Store
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)