Samsung 950 Pro M.2 PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe SSD
Samsung's 950 Pro retails in small black box with a picture of the drive on front. The drive's capacity is given on the top right corner of the box. The rear of the packaging informs us that the 950 Pro will deliver future performance today and that the 950 Pro is the world's first V-NAND-based NVMe SSD.
Inside the box, the drive is cradled in a clear plastic enclosure for protection.
The front of the tiny black PCB is covered with a manufacturer's label. The label lists the drive's capacity, serial number, model number and other relevant information. The back half of the PCB is devoid of components.
A tri-core ARM-based 8-channel Samsung UBX controller powers the 950 Pro. One core is dedicated to read operations, one to write operations, and one for host interaction.
One of the drive's two V-NAND flash packages.
Finally, a close-in view of the drive's 512MB LPDDR3 Samsung DRAM cache package.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe SSD retails for $182 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe SSD retails for £145 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Drive Specifications]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit