The battle for 3D supremacy has never been as fast and furious as it is now. We have seen the rise of nVidia from ashes to amazing. We have seen the fall of the 3D giants S3 and 3DFX and the emergence of the newest players on the block, ATI and XGI.
Today we have two of the greatest high-end GPUs on the market - ATI has its 9800 XT and nVidia has its 5950. So far we have had nVidia's reference 5950 and Gigabyte's 5950 in our labs along with the ASUS variety.
Now we come to Gigabyte. By now most of you would know we have been avid followers of Gigabyte's products, simply because they have shown great promise and variety. Gigabyte is one of the most versatile manufacturers out there, not every company would take on every chipset and give them a go on their products, in fact there is only one or two others that have done so or are able to even attempt it due to manufacturing limitations.
Gigabyte has been one of ATI's biggest supporters since the 8500 was released. And to this date are still pushing their ATI based cards. However, Gigabyte has accommodated for nVidia fans with 5700, 5700 Ultra and 5900 and 5950 based cards, designed to give not only an nVidia point of view but to have the best high-end cards available, be it from ATI or nVidia, Gigabyte is set to have one of the fastest cards out no matter what card you draw from the pack.
Today we take a look at the Gigabyte Radeon 9800 XT based graphics card and compared it directly against Gigabyte's other giant, the nVidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra which we reviewed here earlier this year.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Halo PC Combat Evolved]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 10 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX 2080 rumored to cost $649
- Battlefield V pre-order sales 'weak', as ex-DICE boss leaves
- Intel holds firm to 2020 for discrete GPU
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: monster card with 11GB GDDR6
- THQ Nordic has 34 unannounced projects in development
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution