The battle for 3D supremacy has never been as fast and furious as it is now. We have seen the rise of nVidia from ashes to amazing. We have seen the fall of the 3D giants S3 and 3DFX and the emergence of the newest players on the block, ATI and XGI.
Today we have two of the greatest high-end GPUs on the market - ATI has its 9800 XT and nVidia has its 5950. So far we have had nVidia's reference 5950 and Gigabyte's 5950 in our labs along with the ASUS variety.
Now we come to Gigabyte. By now most of you would know we have been avid followers of Gigabyte's products, simply because they have shown great promise and variety. Gigabyte is one of the most versatile manufacturers out there, not every company would take on every chipset and give them a go on their products, in fact there is only one or two others that have done so or are able to even attempt it due to manufacturing limitations.
Gigabyte has been one of ATI's biggest supporters since the 8500 was released. And to this date are still pushing their ATI based cards. However, Gigabyte has accommodated for nVidia fans with 5700, 5700 Ultra and 5900 and 5950 based cards, designed to give not only an nVidia point of view but to have the best high-end cards available, be it from ATI or nVidia, Gigabyte is set to have one of the fastest cards out no matter what card you draw from the pack.
Today we take a look at the Gigabyte Radeon 9800 XT based graphics card and compared it directly against Gigabyte's other giant, the nVidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra which we reviewed here earlier this year.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Halo PC Combat Evolved]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- 9800 XT vs. 5950 Ultra - Page 10 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM