Solid state storage is the most important performance component found in a modern system today. Without it, you do not even have a performance system.
SuperSSpeed is owned by Richmax Technology Company, based in Shenzhen Guangdong China. Richmax is an official Intel NAND flash partner, which is probably the reason they can offer a consumer oriented SLC equipped SSD that doesn't cost thousands of dollars. SuperSSpeed's S301 is probably the best damn SSD you've never heard of.
The S301 is without a doubt the fastest 64GB SSD ever made, despite being powered by a controller that's over two years old. The S301 gives us the perfect medium to show you why NAND matters. I would love to see SLC implemented into more consumer based SSD's; however, the trend is quite the opposite. We are seeing NAND with less and less performance and endurance as lithography shrinks, and bits per cell increases.
Like I stated earlier in this review, pseudo is nice, but it's nothing like the real deal. The S301 with its 100% SLC NAND array is the real deal, and is capable of remarkable performance that gets even better in RAID 0. What stands out to me is the way this little SuperSSpeed array can outperform arrays that have up to ten times its capacity. Vantage steady state testing is a brutal test that brings most drives/arrays to their knees, but not our little S301 array. Our S301 array delivered the second best steady state performance we've witnessed to date, which is the reason TweakTown has affectionately dubbed the 64GB SuperSSpeed S301: the "Giant Killer".
RAIDing two or more drives together provides you with storage that takes performance to the next level, and is something I recommend you try. Once you go RAID, there's no going back.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [SuperSSpeed S301 64GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]