One could argue that with the amount of power that's already on offer from the GTX TITAN that there's little point overclocking it. You can see today, though, at times we're able to move from under 60 FPS to over 60 FPS with the overclock, which for us is a move from unplayable to playable.
You can also see at times we move out of the 60's and into the 70's just helping make sure we have some more breathing room for solid gameplay. The other important number to remember is that 120 FPS region. If you're on a 120Hz display, you of course want to be as close to the 120 FPS number as possible. That means that moving from 100 FPS to 120 FPS is a clear improvement, which is going to make sure that your gameplay is as smooth as possible on these monitors.
While one could also argue the biggest hurdle for the GTX TITAN is the price, it seems getting a hold of one is more of an issue as back orders are continuing to be filled on a weekly basis, as more and more stock arrives.
The GTX TITAN does a fantastic job of putting the AMD HD 7970 GHz Edition to shame as it clearly separates itself from AMD's current top high-end choice. Of course there's also a big price difference between the two models with two HD 7970 GHz Edition video cards being an option for someone who is looking to spend around $1,000.
The simple fact continues that not everyone wants a dual GPU option and plenty of people with fat wallets still have the ability to purchase a single GPU video card with a $1,000 price tag. For those people, NVIDIA has the GTX TITAN. For everyone else who wants to spend that kind of money, you're going to have to be looking down the path of dual GPU video cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.