ThermalTake Silent Boost
- Silent Boost
The Silent Boost cooler is one of ThermalTake's latest coolers which were designed to help keep noise to an absolute minimum yet still keep performance as high as possible. Let's have a look at what features the cooler carries.
- The Heatsink
The Silent Boost, like the Aero 7+, uses a full copper base to help give it maximum performance. It has a lot of fins to help give it as much surface area as possible which in turn helps spread the heat more evenly hence lowering the temperature. The heatsink design looks very good and thanks to its large amount of fins, it should perform quite well. We will see how much all the fins help in just a moment.
- The Base
As we mentioned, the Silent boost is an all copper cooler. The bottom of the base is very smooth and also has "www.thermaltake.com" engraved on the bottom. Thankfully it is out the way to the side and wont effect cooling in anyway. The Silent Boost has the smallest base out of the whole batch, yet this shouldn't affect the overall performance, as it has such a large surface area thanks to the many tiny fins used.
- The Fan
ThermalTake have opted for an 80mm fan that pushes a maximum of 27.5 CFM. This is the lowest amount out of our four coolers and could severely impact the performance of the cooler. One excellent thing is that at full speed the fan is a whisper quiet 21 dBA. The fan has a unique frame design to help bring in as much air at possible with a minimum amount of noise. Most of the time people have had to sacrifice performance for silence but ThermalTake are pushing this as a performance cooler.
- The Clip
The clip found on the Silent Boost is exactly the same as the one we saw on the TR2-M2. In the event you skipped the page, the clip is not as good as the design CoolerMaster has implemented into their cooler, but definitely is very good as it prevents the screwdriver from slipping.
- Fan Control
The Silent Boost doesn't come with a fan controller; the main reason for this is that if you quiet it down any more the fan wouldn't be spinning!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 2 [CoolerMaster Jet 7]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 3 [CoolerMaster Aero 7+]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 4 [ThermalTake TR2-M2]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 5 [ThermalTake Silent Boost]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 6 [Test System Setup and Testing]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 7 [Conclusions]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit