The stand out Z68 features
There are two main features that Z68 brings to the table. One might interest you, both might, or neither could. The first is Intel's Built in HD Graphics. Performance wise we don't know loads about it yet, but we'll unveil that on the 11th of May when the NDA is lifted. The main feature within this is Intel Quick Sync Video and Lucid Virtu software which is designed to speed up the Video File Converting process.
ASRock already have a benchmark result that is simulated by them which you can see above. It will be interesting to see how this works when compared to NVIDIA and its CUDA process and AMD and its Stream process.
The big feature that people have been talking about for a while now, though, is what Intel have dubbed "Intel Smart Response Technology." This is just a really cool sounding feature. The way it works is you combine a typical mechanical hard drive with a small 20GB SSD.
The SSD becomes the cache of the hard drive. The idea is that you get the speed SSD offers with the size and price typical mechanical drives carry with them. Our storage guru Chris Ramseyer is working in an underground bunker testing this very cool feature in detail, so keep an eye out for that again on the 11th of May.
For now, though, the benchmarks that ASRock offer on their website look quite impressive; it will be interesting to see what our results bring.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Package]
- Page 3 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board]
- Page 4 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board Continued]
- Page 5 [ASrock Z68 Extreme4 - The Package]
- Page 6 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board]
- Page 7 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board Continued]
- Page 8 [The stand out Z68 features]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard