PhysX is growing on me and I think the reason for that is because PhysX on a whole is just growing. It's hasn't jumped forward heaps, but these days we're getting excited about up and coming games that will include the technology. Hello!?!?! Mafia 2 anyone?!
So, you like NVIDIA and you've bought yourself a GTX 480; you're someone that doesn't mind splashing a bit of money around so you're thinking about a dedicated PhysX card. You're not going to spend GTX 470 or GTX 480 money on a dedicated PhysX card. Instead something like a second hand GTX 2XX series could be a goer.
The thing is, you might find that you want to stay with the GTX 400 series, so the perfect card could be here for you. The GTX 465 comes in at under $300 and offers some pretty good performance. What kind of performance under PhysX, though? Is adding the card as a PhysX card to an already highly powerful card going to make a difference? Well, to be honest, I'm not sure. But I intend to find out today while at the same time letting you find out, too.
So, with that said, let's have a quick look at some GPU-Z shots first and then we'll get straight into our benchmarks which include a number of games that support PhysX. Let's find out if adding a GTX 465 to your GTX 480 is something worth doing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Setting up the GTX 480 with GTX 465 PhysX]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 being developed with esports in mind
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam