The idea behind the System Builders Guide here at TweakTown is that it gives someone an idea of the kind of system they could build for three budgets which can be seen here at our SBG page.
Today we're taking it a little further. What we're doing is grabbing the main bits from our Commander PC which include Motherboard, CPU, Video Card, RAM and Hard Drives and showing you that if you built this system what kind of performance you can expect from it.
We've ignored a lot of the things like PSU, Case, Monitor, etc. for the simple reason that they're not actually going to impact the FPS or general computing performance. Since we haven't done this before, there's no real formula to how we should attack everything. So what I've done is on the next page just given you a brief run down on the main components we're using and why, before we then get stuck into the actual numbers the system can achieve.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look at The Commander]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - wPrime]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]