The idea behind the System Builders Guide here at TweakTown is that it gives someone an idea of the kind of system they could build for three budgets which can be seen here at our SBG page.
The first budget is $1,000 USD, while the top is an unlimited one. The middle system, however; the Commander, comes in at $2,000 USD and is a fairly standard budget for someone looking for a complete system from CPU to Video Card and Monitor to Mouse. If you're already happy with the monitor you've got, though, and perhaps also your speakers, mouse and keyboard etc. and you're just looking for a new box, then the guide also helps.
Today we're taking it a little further. What we're doing is grabbing the main bits from our Commander PC which include Motherboard, CPU, Video Card, RAM and Hard Drives and showing you that if you built this system what kind of performance you can expect from it.
We've ignored a lot of the things like PSU, Case, Monitor, etc. for the simple reason that they're not actually going to impact the FPS or general computing performance. Since we haven't done this before, there's no real formula to how we should attack everything. So what I've done is on the next page just given you a brief run down on the main components we're using and why, before we then get stuck into the actual numbers the system can achieve.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look at The Commander]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - wPrime]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media