Onto the card! Well, there isn't a whole lot to see here, placed next to a standard GeForce 8800GTS you can't tell the card apart. They physically look exactly the same in every shape, way and form. Of course the 320MB version has less memory but due to the huge cooler that covers the card you can't see it.
Looking at the front of the card, if it wasn't for the Palit sticker, you would think it was the standard nVidia reference model - it's no big deal though, why pay an extra $15 to have a company's sticker covering the cooler.
Turning the card over is also very standard, the only real way to differentiate the two cards is by looking at the sticker that says it's a 320MB version. Apart from this we have all our standard array of connectivity.
With a quick sweep around the card we have a very typical layout; the side shows us the 6-pin PCI Express power connector that is needed to have the card operating at full speed.
The top of the card has an SLI connector for those fortunate enough to have two cards along with an SLI compatible motherboard to go with it.
Finally I/O wise we have two Dual Link DVI connectors for owners of 30" monitors along with our TV-Out port. The whole GeForce 8800 range is HDCP compliant and this card is no different. As far as clock speeds go, there is no difference between the 640MB and 320MB versions - they remain unchanged at 500MHz on the core and 1600MHz DDR on the memory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced