Packaging and Overview
The motherboard box is of solid construction and features carbon fiber streaks; the motherboard is extremely well protected inside the box.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, manual, and driver DVD.
BIOSTAR offers just two fan headers, which is a reasonable amount for a mini-ITX motherboard. Most mini-ITX motherboards only feature two fan headers. BIOSTAR's fan headers are 4-pin PWM-only headers that won't control voltage (3-pin) fans, instead voltage mode fans will run full speed. PWM fans can be controlled through the UEFI or Windows. BIOSTAR's black and gray color theme has won them many fans over the past few years, including me. I really like the heat sink RGB LEDs, which allow you to choose the color of your VRM heat sink. The back of the motherboard isn't bare; the sole M.2 slot is on the rear of the motherboard.
The IO panel includes four USB 3.0 type-A ports, one USB 3.1 type-A port, one USB 3.1 type-C port, DVI, PS/2 keyboard, 1Gbit LAN, HDMI, and 7.1 gold plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
Like other mini-ITX motherboards, the X370GTN features a single PCI-E x16 3.0 slot routed directly to the CPU. Two SATA6Gb/s ports site above the x16 slot. A single 32Gb/s M.2 slot sits on the rear of the PCB and allows users to use the latest NVMe drives for significantly faster performance.
Two RGB LED 5050 headers are located at the top of the motherboard above the CPU socket. Between the 24-pin power connector and two vertical SATA 6Gb/s ports are the front panel headers. Below the two SATA6Gb/s ports is a USB 3.0 internal header.
Audio headers are located near the audio section of the PCB along with the CMOS battery. A single USB 2.0 internal header is located right above the PCI-E x16 slot. The single VRM heat sink is screwed to the motherboard while the chipset heat sink uses pushpins, and is very hard to remove from the motherboard.
Surprisingly, the heat sinks and shields are screwed onto the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- Coolest thing you'll see today: 360° video from a rocket
- Intel hits record $14.8 billion second quarter earnings
- Battlegrounds on Xbox One X: 30-40FPS with 100 in server
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers