There's a lot to like from this massive desktop replacement and not a lot to dislike. When you look at it from within the category that it's placed, then it's easy to see that it offers a package that that's both attractive to all sectors that need a good CPU while traveling. It's definitely on the expensive side, but in that regard, you do get what you pay for; and if you need this kind of performance, then you'll be considering other options that are just as, if not more expensive.
Display: Despite the low resolution, it's amazing to stare at, and NVIDIA G-Sync adds more value than you can imagine, even on a laptop.
Thermals: This thing stays cooler than you might imagine, and that's a massively good thing.
CPU performance: A desktop CPU adds significant speed advantages for more than just games.
Sound: It's loud, clear, and sounds awesome with both the speakers and using headphones.
Right shift: That blasted right-shift key is seriously bothersome, it's just wrong and weird considering the size of the beast.
Weight: It's heavy, very heavy. Though there's a lot going on under the hood.
GPU Temperature: The CPU can handle the work, but the GPU? Combined it can get a bit dangerous just playing games, right on the border of bad.
Needs Haswell-E: Just kidding, that might be a bit too much. This massive thing is already quite fast as is.
It's a solidly built massive beast of a machine that ensures that you won't be CPU limited in the least. It accomplishes that goal and gives you a solid whole platform to boot.
It's the whole package that, despite the price, can be useful for more than just gaming. Yes, it's sold under their business page as well, but really this is a great gaming and all around work platform. If you complain about the weight or size of it, then you clearly aren't actually looking for a desktop replacement, and this isn't for you.
It's not unattractive and can pass as a work machine that you secretly play games on. Even as a primary machine, there's little not to like.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||95%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: OriginPC has a winner with the EON17-X gaming laptop. The new chassis is excellent, the screen is gorgeous, and it performs like an absolute champ.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Specs, Configurations Available, and Warranty & Support]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look, Outputs & Connectivity]
- Page 4 [Display, Keyboard, and Trackpad]
- Page 5 [Speakers and Sound]
- Page 6 [Everyday Use]
- Page 7 [Gaming Use at 1080p]
- Page 8 [Gaming Use - VR]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – CPU & RAM]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Internal Storage & External Storage]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption & Battery Life]
- Page 12 [Thermal & Sound Testing]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not, & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications