I think all motherboards are more interesting when their heat sinks come off. As you might have already noticed, many solder pads on the motherboard are empty. Some of these pads would be occupied on a Z170 motherboard, but some features such as the iGPU outputs and the expanded PCI-E IO such as M.2 are not present on this C232 chipset-based board.
The Fatal1ty E3V5 Performance Gaming/OC has a 6+4+1+1 phase voltage regulator. The 6+4 phases provide VCore and iGPU power (for CPUs with iGPUs) and are driven by 3+2 PWM phases doubled to 6+4 through doubling the number of MOSFETs and inductors. The board carries very high-quality 12K solid polymer capacitors, which should last extremely long periods of time. The 6+4 phases are controlled by an Intersil ISL95824, which can provide 4+2 phase output with 2+1 integrated drivers. ASRock adds two Intersil ISL6625A (labeled "5AZ"), one for the VCore VRM and one for the iGPU VRM. The MOSFETs are from Sinopower, SM4336 for the low-side and SM4337 for the high-side.
The VCCSA is powered by an Anpec APW8720 single phase PWM and uses the same MOSFETs as the CPU VR in a single-phase configuration. The VCCIO uses a similar setup using the same components.
The memory VR uses an Anpec APW8720 single phase PWM and outputs to two phases which use the same driver signals.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Fatal1ty E3V5 Gaming/OC (Intel C232) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse