I think all motherboards are more interesting when their heat sinks come off. As you might have already noticed, many solder pads on the motherboard are empty. Some of these pads would be occupied on a Z170 motherboard, but some features such as the iGPU outputs and the expanded PCI-E IO such as M.2 are not present on this C232 chipset-based board.
The Fatal1ty E3V5 Performance Gaming/OC has a 6+4+1+1 phase voltage regulator. The 6+4 phases provide VCore and iGPU power (for CPUs with iGPUs) and are driven by 3+2 PWM phases doubled to 6+4 through doubling the number of MOSFETs and inductors. The board carries very high-quality 12K solid polymer capacitors, which should last extremely long periods of time. The 6+4 phases are controlled by an Intersil ISL95824, which can provide 4+2 phase output with 2+1 integrated drivers. ASRock adds two Intersil ISL6625A (labeled "5AZ"), one for the VCore VRM and one for the iGPU VRM. The MOSFETs are from Sinopower, SM4336 for the low-side and SM4337 for the high-side.
The VCCSA is powered by an Anpec APW8720 single phase PWM and uses the same MOSFETs as the CPU VR in a single-phase configuration. The VCCIO uses a similar setup using the same components.
The memory VR uses an Anpec APW8720 single phase PWM and outputs to two phases which use the same driver signals.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Fatal1ty E3V5 Gaming/OC (Intel C232) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- Andy Rubin's Essential teases its upcoming flagship
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017