Packaging and Overview
I received this motherboard directly from ASRock, but not in a retail package containing retail accessories. The retail package comes with manual, support CD, IO Shield, and 2x SATA6Gb/s cables.
The ASRock Fatal1ty E3V5 Performance Gaming/OC has six fan headers circled in blue. These headers are 4-pin PWM headers which can be controlled through the UEFI or in Windows. The motherboard's crimson red heat sinks provide a strong base for a red themed build. The red PCI-E and DRAM slots match the heat sinks and the text written on the plastic IO/audio shield cover. The motherboard looks much more like a consumer product than a workstation or server product, offering the benefit of each within a single package. The back of the motherboard is bare of components, but you can see the audio PCB isolation divide in the lower right-hand corner.
The IO panel on the Fatal1ty E3V5 Performance Gaming/OC carries four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, 1Gbit NIC port, and S/PDIF with TOSLINK for audio output.
The PCI-E layout is a little different than we are used to on Z170 motherboards. The top-most red PCI-E 16x slot is routed directly to the CPU. The second red slot is a 4x slot routed to the PCH. The three black PCI-E 1x slots are routed to the PCH. A MOLEX connector for extra PCI-E power is located above the topmost PCI-E 16x slot and offers additional PCI-E power. The motherboard supports 2-way CrossFireX, but not SLI.
The Fatal1ty E3V5 Performance Gaming/OC has six SATA 6Gb/s ports on the right edge of the motherboard and a single USB 3.0 internal header located below the 24-pin connector. Two USB 2.0 headers are present and located at the bottom of the board near the front panel headers.
ASRock's IO shield extends down to the audio section of the motherboard, adding to the aesthetic appeal by exposing the Nichicon Gold series audio capacitors.
All heat sinks make excellent contact with the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Fatal1ty E3V5 Gaming/OC (Intel C232) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood