When I first saw BIOSTAR's press release for their "Racing" series of motherboards, I was a little intrigued by their RGB LED usage. Their images of the LED "glow" seemed a little photoshopped, but then again, capturing LED output is not a walk in the park either. After turning the board on for the first time and engaging the RGB LEDs in the VRM heat sink, my jaw dropped.
Ladies and gentlemen, BIOSTAR has implemented RGBs into their VRM heat sinks the proper way. I have been a computer hardware enthusiast for over a decade, and ever since the beginning, I have wanted to light up my rigs. My issue is I do not want the light to shine; I want it to glow. The Z170GT7 offers this "glow" and at a very affordable price. Let us begin the journey into the Z170GT7.
The BIOSTAR Z170GT7 has many high-end features such as SATA Express, M.2 (32Gb/s), USB 3.1 Type-C, 1Gbit Intel NIC, and support for up to 3-way CrossFireX. The motherboard does not support SLI.
The BIOSTAR Z170GT7 is available from many large retailers for roughly $130.
UPDATE: The MSRP of the BIOSTAR Z170GT7 is $159.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170GT7 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- GIVEAWAY: ASUS Cerberus V2 Gaming Headset
- Samsung reveals the Galaxy Note8 launch date
- LG Launches Q8, mini version of the V20
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4