When I first saw BIOSTAR's press release for their "Racing" series of motherboards, I was a little intrigued by their RGB LED usage. Their images of the LED "glow" seemed a little photoshopped, but then again, capturing LED output is not a walk in the park either. After turning the board on for the first time and engaging the RGB LEDs in the VRM heat sink, my jaw dropped.
Ladies and gentlemen, BIOSTAR has implemented RGBs into their VRM heat sinks the proper way. I have been a computer hardware enthusiast for over a decade, and ever since the beginning, I have wanted to light up my rigs. My issue is I do not want the light to shine; I want it to glow. The Z170GT7 offers this "glow" and at a very affordable price. Let us begin the journey into the Z170GT7.
The BIOSTAR Z170GT7 has many high-end features such as SATA Express, M.2 (32Gb/s), USB 3.1 Type-C, 1Gbit Intel NIC, and support for up to 3-way CrossFireX. The motherboard does not support SLI.
The BIOSTAR Z170GT7 is available from many large retailers for roughly $130.
UPDATE: The MSRP of the BIOSTAR Z170GT7 is $159.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170GT7 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z170GT7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand