Intel's Z170 chipset is like previous Z-series chipsets. The product lines span from super-affordable to ultra-expensive price ranges as we have seen in previous reviews. Today, I take a look at a more mainstream offering from GIGABYTE, the Z170XP-SLI.
The Z170XP-SLI fits into the value segment, offering basic chipset features at an affordable price. While I say basic features, the Z170 chipset is possibly the most feature packed platform controller hub Intel has ever launched.
The Z170 PCH comes loaded with endless possibilities and combinations of SATA, USB, and PCI-E that each manufacturer implements differently depending on the model. While we usually review high-end motherboards, I also don't mind taking a look at offerings more in line with most peoples' budgets, and since differentiation between Z170 motherboards is quite tough, the market is filled with sub $150 offerings. Nevertheless, let's see what GIGABYTE has in store for us with the Z170XP-SLI.
The GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI might not be the most feature-packed Z170 motherboard, but on paper, it does carry a wide selection of features.
If you couldn't tell by the model name, the motherboard supports not only CrossFireX but also SLI, which isn't present on all Z170 motherboards. NVIDIA's SLI licensing is quite expensive (compared to other parts of the board), and I have come across some motherboards that do not have SLI capabilities even though they are priced as though they should. Back to the Z170XP-SLI, the motherboard does carry USB 3.1 as well as an Intel NIC and a 32Gb/s M.2 slot.
The GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI motherboard is currently listed at $136 on Amazon, making it a rather reasonable price for what you get.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $136 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £111 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170XP-SLI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now