Intel's Z170 chipset is like previous Z-series chipsets. The product lines span from super-affordable to ultra-expensive price ranges as we have seen in previous reviews. Today, I take a look at a more mainstream offering from GIGABYTE, the Z170XP-SLI.
The Z170XP-SLI fits into the value segment, offering basic chipset features at an affordable price. While I say basic features, the Z170 chipset is possibly the most feature packed platform controller hub Intel has ever launched.
The Z170 PCH comes loaded with endless possibilities and combinations of SATA, USB, and PCI-E that each manufacturer implements differently depending on the model. While we usually review high-end motherboards, I also don't mind taking a look at offerings more in line with most peoples' budgets, and since differentiation between Z170 motherboards is quite tough, the market is filled with sub $150 offerings. Nevertheless, let's see what GIGABYTE has in store for us with the Z170XP-SLI.
The GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI might not be the most feature-packed Z170 motherboard, but on paper, it does carry a wide selection of features.
If you couldn't tell by the model name, the motherboard supports not only CrossFireX but also SLI, which isn't present on all Z170 motherboards. NVIDIA's SLI licensing is quite expensive (compared to other parts of the board), and I have come across some motherboards that do not have SLI capabilities even though they are priced as though they should. Back to the Z170XP-SLI, the motherboard does carry USB 3.1 as well as an Intel NIC and a 32Gb/s M.2 slot.
The GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI motherboard is currently listed at $136 on Amazon, making it a rather reasonable price for what you get.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $136 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £111 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170XP-SLI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now