Today we are going to take a look at the Supermicro X10DAX workstation motherboard. This board is very similar to the X10DAi motherboard we previously reviewed.
The Supermicro X10DAX workstation motherboard is one of three products in this class; the products in this class include the X10DAi, the X10DAC, and the X10DAX. The X10DAX adds overclocking features (BCLK only), which Supermicro calls "Hyper-Speed," and it also adds support for 3-way GeForce SLI (4-way SLI support for dual GPU video cards).
All three motherboards support dual Intel E5-2600 v3 (Socket R3) Haswell-EP processors that are based on Intel's 22nm processing technology. Supermicro designed these motherboards as balanced solutions that deliver performance, power efficiency, and feature load. The key features of the X10DAX workstation motherboard are:
- Dual HSW EP E5-2600 v3 (Socket R3 up to 160W), QPI up to 9.6GT/s
- Supports 3-way GeForce SLI, (4-way SLI support for dual GPU video cards)
- Hyper-Speed and Hyper-Turbo performance boost
- Intel C612 chipset
- 16 DIMM, 1TB Reg. ECC DDR4 up to 2133 MHz
- Three PCIe 3.0 x16, two PCIe 3.0 x8, one PCIe 2.0 x4 (in x8 slot)
- Ten SATA3, eleven USB ports (six USB 3.0)
- 7.1 HD audio
- Six USB 3.0
- Thunderbolt AOC support
- 12" x 13" E-ATX Form Factor
Some of the key features of the X10DAX include Supermicro's Hyper-Speed hardware acceleration technology and Hyper-Turbo mode, which allow more power to be delivered to the CPUs and maximize the CPU Turbo Mode frequency.
7.1 HD audio and Thunderbolt AOC support are included to round out the features on the X10DAX. Let's move on to unpacking this motherboard.
Today we have what looks like a new retail box for a Supermicro product - new to us anyway. This is a nice, catchy, bright blue colored box, and it looks very good.
On the back, we have a product matrix that shows feature listings for a wide range of motherboards offered by Supermicro.
Here we get our first look at the retail package contents.
Upon removing the top layer of packaging, we find the X10DAX motherboard inside. Simple foam padding protects the contents.
Here we get a look at the accessories for the X10DAX; these accessories include:
- Six SATA cables
- One I/O shield
- One Quick Reference Guide
A convenient checklist for the provided accessories is also included. Optional accessories are:
- Heat Sinks
- TPM security module - TPM module with Infineon 9655, RoHS/REACH, PBF (vertical or horizontal depending on the server layout and expansion cards used)
- SuperDOM - Supermicro SATA DOM Solutions
- Thunderbolt 2, W/Display and GPIO cable
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro X10DAX Workstation Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Supermicro X10DAX retails for $440.00 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Hyper-Speed]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [UnixBench and SPEC CPU2006v1.2]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm launches new Snapdragon Wear 1200 platform
- Intel X299 chipset: 'VRM disaster' says pro overclocker
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition unboxed, it's BEAUTIFUL
- Nintendo wants to make Star Fox, Pikmin and Yoshi anime
- Radeon Vega Frontier barely beats GTX 1080 in tests
- AMD's Ryzen Pro Processor Lineup Revealed
- ASRock Motherboard Problem! Please Help!
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus