Swiftech H220-X all-in-one CPU Cooler
Here we have the H220-X fresh out of the box. There is a much thinner water block this time around since the pump was moved to the radiator, which is nice, and also allows for a much larger LED lit area on the Apogee XL. Fans are pre-installed in a push configuration on top since the reservoir and pump block almost half of one fan spot under the radiator.
The Apogee XL you see now can be purchased individually, in various configurations, but with the H220-X, we get the black model with the large plate with the backlit logo in the center.
As we move around to the side, we find they start slim at the bottom with the copper base plate, and gradually get wider nearer the top. Along with that angular design, the sides are also cut with angles around them, and are clear of the pre-installed Intel mounting hardware.
Under the Apogee XL, we find a base that is higher in the middle than it is at the edges, and it is polished to a near mirror shine. The edges of the contact pad on this base do appear to be rounded, but keep in mind, that is well outside of the contact area of the CPU.
To keep the 3/8 inch ID tubing securely fastened to the CPU block, Swiftech uses anodized aluminium clamps that hold the tubing to the swivel fittings. Also, with the screw block side, they cannot be over tightened and cause potential leaks just as easily as under tightening them. This way is foolproof.
In this newer configuration, we see that there is nine and a half inches of tubing from the CPU block to the radiator. In most top mounting instances, this will not be an issue, but the nice thing is, if it doesn't reach as you want it to, you can just replace the tubing and refill the loop. Simple.
The radiator/pump/reservoir combination component of this design is how Swiftech chose to arrange things. The pump pulls in coolant through the reservoir, and out the line on its left side. In the window under the logo, when powered and backlit, you can keep an eye on coolant levels.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017