Packaging, Accessories and Documentation
While the angled package with an exposed product is nothing new, EVGA does do it in style with the TORQ X10 front and center, backed with that bold red sheet. Near the front we see that they state this is built from the ground up with hardcore gamers in mind; they also list some features that express their sentiment.
On the right side of the packaging we find a top down view of the mouse, much like what you see at the front. Here they cover the fact that this mouse will change color with the profile switching and explain what color goes to each profile.
On the back, under the naming at the top, we find a long list of features. Some of these we covered previously, but we do see mention of an 32-bit ARM MCU, innovative surface materials, and a six foot cable with a black nickel plated USB connector.
The last panel on this package offers an idea of how the actuator mechanism raises and lowers the top two plates of the TORQ X10 mice, although there is no actual mention of how it is accomplished.
Since there is thin cardboard used on the outer packaging, it is all up to the plastic inner packaging to protect the mouse. Once we lift the cover that keeps the TORQ X10 in the package, we see the cord is neatly tucked next to it, but we also see six weights, and a Torx head driver (the latter is likely why the naming is what it is).
The knurled Torx driver is used to adjust the actuator mechanism via a Torx head screw in the heel of the mouse, allowing for the height adjustments. As for the six weights in the back, we get two that weigh in at 6.1 grams, the next set at 3.8 grams, and the last set with the largest holes are 1.9 grams each.
Inside of a small black envelope marked "ACCESSORY," we find the side pads that can be applied to help eliminate slippage on the shiny plastic surface of the TORQ X10. We also see the Quick Guide that shows where all the bits are on the mouse, and what they are for. The other guide is for the weight installation, which explains the weights are supposed to be 6, 4, and 2 grams by design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse