Thermaltake Urban T81 Full-Tower Chassis
The front of the Urban T81 may look slightly offset to the left, but that is due to the angular edge used at the right. The door that covers the front of the case wraps around the left edge, and offers a brushed aluminium texture from the top, down to the Thermaltake logo at the bottom.
Opening the door, we reveal the two 5.25" drive bay covers that can be removed without having to pull the bezel. Below that we see a slotted section of ventilation, and at the bottom is a pop-out dust filter for easy cleaning.
The top of the chassis has an insert to match the brushed aluminum aesthetic we saw on the front to contain the front I/O. The rest of the top is covered with a tall plastic frame, and the mesh we see here now can also be easily popped out for access, and cleaning.
The front I/O offers a ten port fan controller, reset button, HDD LED, and Power button with built-in LED at the left. As we move to the right, we see 3.5mm audio jacks, four USB 2.0 ports, and a pair of USB 3.0 ports. Above them is an arrow, and pushing this will release the clip holding the mesh panel in.
The left side of the chassis offers a three-quarter door at the left with a clear window, and a great view inside. The other quarter panel at the front covers all of the drive bays, and we see a lock keeping them shut. We can also see that the side of the bezel is where the air flows through to cool the interior.
Opening the doors is a two-step process. First, you need the keys from the back of the chassis to unlock the panels as the painted on instructions show.
After unlocking them, you will need to locate the switch under the chassis that the "push" painted at the bottom of the panel implies. This raises a spring loaded lever that raises pins out of key ways to let them swing out freely.
The back of the chassis has tons going on as well. The top can be fully removed for fan swaps, just above where the keys are hanging, and the water cooling grommets are. There is the exhaust fan next to the I/O as we expect, then eight expansions slots accessed from here, and a bottom mounted PSU. There is also a couple of cord tending clips for extra security.
The right side of the chassis is a large expanse of steel with a bump in it that is 3mm deep. While this will allow for some extra wiring, it isn't as deep as most others' who offer this feature.
Under the chassis there are large ABS feet with long rubber strips applied to keep it solidly footed on any surface. Inside of the feet there is one long dust filter that covers the PSU, and the optional fan location. We also see the door release button again, just behind the top front foot.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- Nintendo Switch gets a much-needed splash of color
- Skyrim Remaster mods limited to 1GB on PS4
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now