Recent BIOS updates brought support for High Resolution BIOS support via Dual Link DVI. Before we had a monitor that was capable of more than 1920 x 1080, the High Resolution feature didn't work over the Dual Link cable. Looking above though, you can see that it is indeed working, and the high resolution mode brings with it a sharper look, and more information, thanks to the higher resolution. You can see the status of the CPU, Memory and System on the sides, along with information regarding the voltage, fan speed, and temperature across the top.
Let's move away from the high resolution feature though, and cover what we're dealing with when we first enter the BIOS. You can see above, the "home" area offers all of the main performance options related to the CPU and Memory. We've also got basic voltage options here. Really everything you need for most people is right here.
However, if you want to go into a bit more detail on the overclocking side of things, you can head over to the next tab, which is the Performance tab. Here, you've got a more vast array of options for the CPU, as well as the memory. Voltage options are also expanded.
Moving through the rest of the BIOS, you can see all of the standard features. There's not a huge need to go into too much detail, as everything is really self-explanatory thanks to the images above; even more so now that the images are at a higher resolution.
Finally, we finish up our look at the BIOS in the other mode. Normally, when we have the option, we'd always move straight over to this one to overclock; especially when GIGABYTE had the 3D BIOS, which was just a pain in the butt to navigate. The new BIOS though, are really fantastic, and we find our desire to move to this one is simply not as great as before; especially when we can have the High Resolution option in the other mode, which gives us an absolute wealth of information.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20