Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Sure, with its current price tag as you can see below, the GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force isn't a cheap board. But, with what's being offered, you wouldn't expect it to be. One of the major features that brings the larger price tag, is the cooling setup around the PWM area, which GIGABYTE has labeled as OC Cool.
We didn't go into a ton of detail today on OC Cool due to the fact that we got a chance to get really down and dirty with it last year. We really recommend that if you want to read more about the OC Cool, the Digital PWM technology, and see what it all looks like under a thermal imaging camera, you read our GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force Motherboard Digital PWM and Cooling Deep Dive article.
Of course, the price is relative to so many other areas. Outside of the strong list of onboard features, there's the bundle that we've got, which is also extremely strong. The inclusion of the Wi-Fi / Bluetooth PCIe card, OC Bracket, USB 3.0 header, and the large amount of included SLI bridges, all make for a package that is clearly above average.
Then there's the performance side of things. Out of the box, the board performance is strong, coming in ahead of the competition in some key benchmarks. Overclocking is also strong, coming in at 4.9GHz. However, by taking better advantage of the features on offer, like the water cooling OC Cool, we don't doubt that higher is going to be possible, as we saw the board running well at 5GHz. Unfortunately, just not well enough to be 100% stable. It showed stronger potential of running at 5GHz than a lot of other boards we've looked at.
Outside of the OC name though, you don't have to be some kind of hard core overclocker to take advantage of a board like this. At its current price, the board offers fantastic performance and features that mean that even if you're not an overclocker, you're still getting a quality product. Of course, if you're going to overclock, you'll get even more value out of the product, along with increased value on your CPU. But, you don't have to be an overclocker to appreciate the quality of the board that GIGABYTE is offering here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015