Inside the Energy
Getting inside of the Energy does take removing the feet as well as four screws that solidly hold the halves together. There is nothing to make life tough as the top is not connected via ribbon cables or anything for the LED indicator lights.
This PCB is specifically dedicated to the indicator LEDs, and the charging system needed to safely charge and discharge the LiPo batter contained under this.
Under the left click button, Genius brings back the T-MEC switches we saw in one of the earlier samples. This black version is easy to activate, and with the large paddles above them, gives a solid yet easy to use feeling.
Under the charge button, since its feel is really irrelevant, a simple black, pad style switch, is used to put the Energy into device charging mode.
This is the folded cell Lithium Polymer battery that affords the 2700mAh specs shown on the box. It is securely encased in a plastic cage of sorts, and will not be able to move around inside of the mouse.
The Terax SR2P135T chip seen here is used for the MCU in this device, as well as being where the programming for this device and its switches are held.
The Pixart Imaging PAW3204DB optical sensor allows for 1600 DPI, but it is set lower to 1200DPI for the energy mouse. It won't take the G-loads or speeds of gaming mice, but it is more than capable of tending to basic mouse needs.
The right click button is also backed with a TMEC switch. As for the scroll wheel click function, a round, black, pad switch is used. This switch does take some force to activate, so normal scrolling will not accidentally activate it.
Once we put the Energy back together and charged the Lipo battery to full capacity, this is what we ended up with. The button has to be pressed to allow the indicator LEDs to be on. If the mouse is not connected for charging, these lights will turn off after ten seconds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Genius Energy Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- Google will reportedly shame vendors into Android updates
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition