Inside the Energy
Getting inside of the Energy does take removing the feet as well as four screws that solidly hold the halves together. There is nothing to make life tough as the top is not connected via ribbon cables or anything for the LED indicator lights.
This PCB is specifically dedicated to the indicator LEDs, and the charging system needed to safely charge and discharge the LiPo batter contained under this.
Under the left click button, Genius brings back the T-MEC switches we saw in one of the earlier samples. This black version is easy to activate, and with the large paddles above them, gives a solid yet easy to use feeling.
Under the charge button, since its feel is really irrelevant, a simple black, pad style switch, is used to put the Energy into device charging mode.
This is the folded cell Lithium Polymer battery that affords the 2700mAh specs shown on the box. It is securely encased in a plastic cage of sorts, and will not be able to move around inside of the mouse.
The Terax SR2P135T chip seen here is used for the MCU in this device, as well as being where the programming for this device and its switches are held.
The Pixart Imaging PAW3204DB optical sensor allows for 1600 DPI, but it is set lower to 1200DPI for the energy mouse. It won't take the G-loads or speeds of gaming mice, but it is more than capable of tending to basic mouse needs.
The right click button is also backed with a TMEC switch. As for the scroll wheel click function, a round, black, pad switch is used. This switch does take some force to activate, so normal scrolling will not accidentally activate it.
Once we put the Energy back together and charged the Lipo battery to full capacity, this is what we ended up with. The button has to be pressed to allow the indicator LEDs to be on. If the mouse is not connected for charging, these lights will turn off after ten seconds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Genius Energy Mouse]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- EVGA will soon be entering the enthusiast gaming notebook market
- NVIDIA GRID 2.0 will be powered by Maxwell-based Tesla M60, Tesla M6
- Intel will be pushing eDRAM into its Iris and Iris Pro graphics
- Intel calls their new Skylake CPUs their 'best CPU ever'
- ASRock unveils the H2R, a Chromecast-like HDMI dongle
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015