NAS products are equal parts hardware performance and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
To setup the TerraMaster F2 NAS 2, we entered the web setup menu by entering the IP address into our web browser. This menu system is a much needed upgrade to the previous implementation and allows a streamlined setup process.
Moving through setup, the fourth menu item allows you to enable the services you will use.
Initial RAID setup is configured in the sixth menu, here you will find options for RAID 0, RAID 1 along with single disk mode and JBOD.
After initial setup, the web admin page redirects and allows you to login.
Entering the administration panel, you will find an interface that resembles the old QNAP setup.
The System Administration tab allows you to adjust network settings, control power management features, along with direct access to the firmware update function.
Access Right Management allows configuration of users and user groups. Additionally you can setup shared folders and user quotas.
Disk Management allows you to setup your preferred RAID mode. Other features include drive encryption and iSCSI.
The Network Services menu carries the configuration for many of the network services we have come to love. In here, we have SAMBA, AFP, NFS, FTP and SSH to name a few.
Within the Application Server menu, TerraMaster has added a slew of server apps. MySQL, PT Download and iTunes Server are included.
Moving over to the backup menu, we find remote replication through Rsync, along with Time Machine for Apple users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni