NAS products are equal parts hardware performance and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
To setup the TerraMaster F2 NAS 2, we entered the web setup menu by entering the IP address into our web browser. This menu system is a much needed upgrade to the previous implementation and allows a streamlined setup process.
Moving through setup, the fourth menu item allows you to enable the services you will use.
Initial RAID setup is configured in the sixth menu, here you will find options for RAID 0, RAID 1 along with single disk mode and JBOD.
After initial setup, the web admin page redirects and allows you to login.
Entering the administration panel, you will find an interface that resembles the old QNAP setup.
The System Administration tab allows you to adjust network settings, control power management features, along with direct access to the firmware update function.
Access Right Management allows configuration of users and user groups. Additionally you can setup shared folders and user quotas.
Disk Management allows you to setup your preferred RAID mode. Other features include drive encryption and iSCSI.
The Network Services menu carries the configuration for many of the network services we have come to love. In here, we have SAMBA, AFP, NFS, FTP and SSH to name a few.
Within the Application Server menu, TerraMaster has added a slew of server apps. MySQL, PT Download and iTunes Server are included.
Moving over to the backup menu, we find remote replication through Rsync, along with Time Machine for Apple users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Minecraft creator has 'never felt more isolated' with his $2.5 billion
- Julian Assange urged Edward Snowden to pick Russia over Latin America
- Cyclist has a rather amusing encounter with a Google self-driving car
- Netflix 4K copy-protection cracked, first leak appears
- Corsair announces new Bulldog that will ship in time for Christmas
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20