You could instantly mistake it for one of the other GTX 700 Twin Frozr Gaming series video cards we've looked at recently. We've got a big Twin Frozr IV cooler sitting on top with two fans pushing air onto a massive heat sink that covers almost the entire PCB. You can see we've got heat pipes coming out both the top and bottom and the overall color scheme is black and red, one we've seen on all the new Gaming Series products.
MSI has opted for a dual 8-pin PCIe power connector setup instead of the standard 6-pin and 8-pin PCIe power connector setup. Staying across the top and heading closer to the front, you can see two SLI connectors, giving us the ability to run up to three of these cards in SLI.
Connectivity options are very standard with two Dual-Link DVI ports. One is DVI-D, while the other is DVI-I. Along with those, you can also see a HDMI and DisplayPort, along with some venting to let the hot air escape out the back of your case.
Out of the box, a reference clocked GTX 770 comes in with a 1046MHz core, which is then boosted up to 1085MHz. As for the 2GB of GDDR5 memory, that carries a default clock of 7012MHz QDR.
Looking above you can see that MSI has given a slight boost on the core to 1059MHz. While not a big gap between the reference clocks, the boost clock of 1111MHz is stronger looking against the reference 1085MHz.
As for the 2GB of GDDR5, like most companies, MSI chose not to touch it and hence comes in at the default 7012MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book has dual-GPU setup with custom 1GB GDDR5 Maxwell GPU
- Xbox boss: 'We aren't motivated by beating Sony'
- ARK: Survival Evolved developer has no ETA on DX12 patch
- The Witcher 3 receives a new 15GB patch, with a 13-page changelog
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent