As we roll through our review samples, we find ourselves today pulling another video card out of the pile. The new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 700 series has done a good job of impressing us so far thanks to the strong performance we're seeing along with an aggressive price point.
The fact that AMD continue to be quiet on the video card front also means that NVIDIA have really been able to suck up the lime light the last few months. While we thought it would become a little quiet after Computex, NVIDIA turned around and released the GTX 760 bringing a new mid-range model to the market as well.
Today, though, we're looking at something a little higher-end than that. The highest model under the new GTX 700 series, the GTX 780, sits as the second fastest model in the NVIDIA line up. The GTX TITAN continues to sit at the top of the list. As much as we love that model, though, it's hardly the best representative of value.
Today we're checking out the GTX 780. This particular one is from the folks over at MSI and falls under the new Gaming Series which is something we've seen them use under both the motherboard and video card category so far. We've mentioned before and we'll quickly say it again, it's great to see MSI create some unity between the video card and motherboard department. This is something that's been missing and we're hoping that it works for them as we're really liking what we're seeing so far. Let's get into just what exactly we're dealing with today.
Checking out the box you can see the design is under the new Gaming Series and it looks great. The front of the box has got the model and the series name, while the bottom left corner shows we're dealing with an OC Edition video card. Looking at the back of the box you can see some of the main features with one of the big ones being the Twin Frozr IV cooler, along with the Military Class 4 feature.
Moving inside the box you can see it's a pretty standard setup with the quick User Guide, driver CD, DVI to VGA connector, dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connector, along with a 6-pin to 8-pin PCIe power connector.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:31 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]