Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $239.99 at the time of writing, the ASUS Z87-Expert hits at a price point that sits in the middle of the pack for the most part, with the upper end boards coming in at around the $400 mark and the entry-level options starting at around the low $100 mark. You can see we're really sitting towards the middle of that spectrum with the new ASUS Z87-Expert.
The overall value is fairly strong. Feature wise we've got a pretty well packed board for the price point and the new look that ASUS is offering really looks good in my opinion. The gold and black setup is a new color scheme from them and I hope to be seeing more boards use this theme setup in the future. I really do prefer it over the black and baby blue setup that we used to see.
The new BIOS looks good, but it's not too different than the previous. It's got a splash of new paint on it and a couple of changes, but overall we've got all the same features that we're used to seeing out of the BIOS, and the same quick speed that we expect from an ASUS BIOS.
Performance and overclocking on the board isn't too bad at all, but like any time you test the first of something, it's hard to gauge exactly where it sits. As time goes on we'll get a better idea of how different Z87 boards perform. We also really want to get another i7 4770K as the performance on this particular chip doesn't seem too strong when it comes to overclocking.
Overall the Z87-Expert looks to be a strong board and anyone who is into ASUS options will no doubt like the performance, features and new color scheme that they've opted for. This is a good option, but we can't deny the simple fact that it's one of so many Z87 boards we're going to be looking at over the coming weeks, so stay tuned if you can wait before pulling out your credit card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design