Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $239.99 at the time of writing, the ASUS Z87-Expert hits at a price point that sits in the middle of the pack for the most part, with the upper end boards coming in at around the $400 mark and the entry-level options starting at around the low $100 mark. You can see we're really sitting towards the middle of that spectrum with the new ASUS Z87-Expert.
The overall value is fairly strong. Feature wise we've got a pretty well packed board for the price point and the new look that ASUS is offering really looks good in my opinion. The gold and black setup is a new color scheme from them and I hope to be seeing more boards use this theme setup in the future. I really do prefer it over the black and baby blue setup that we used to see.
The new BIOS looks good, but it's not too different than the previous. It's got a splash of new paint on it and a couple of changes, but overall we've got all the same features that we're used to seeing out of the BIOS, and the same quick speed that we expect from an ASUS BIOS.
Performance and overclocking on the board isn't too bad at all, but like any time you test the first of something, it's hard to gauge exactly where it sits. As time goes on we'll get a better idea of how different Z87 boards perform. We also really want to get another i7 4770K as the performance on this particular chip doesn't seem too strong when it comes to overclocking.
Overall the Z87-Expert looks to be a strong board and anyone who is into ASUS options will no doubt like the performance, features and new color scheme that they've opted for. This is a good option, but we can't deny the simple fact that it's one of so many Z87 boards we're going to be looking at over the coming weeks, so stay tuned if you can wait before pulling out your credit card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4