Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $239.99 at the time of writing, the ASUS Z87-Expert hits at a price point that sits in the middle of the pack for the most part, with the upper end boards coming in at around the $400 mark and the entry-level options starting at around the low $100 mark. You can see we're really sitting towards the middle of that spectrum with the new ASUS Z87-Expert.
The overall value is fairly strong. Feature wise we've got a pretty well packed board for the price point and the new look that ASUS is offering really looks good in my opinion. The gold and black setup is a new color scheme from them and I hope to be seeing more boards use this theme setup in the future. I really do prefer it over the black and baby blue setup that we used to see.
The new BIOS looks good, but it's not too different than the previous. It's got a splash of new paint on it and a couple of changes, but overall we've got all the same features that we're used to seeing out of the BIOS, and the same quick speed that we expect from an ASUS BIOS.
Performance and overclocking on the board isn't too bad at all, but like any time you test the first of something, it's hard to gauge exactly where it sits. As time goes on we'll get a better idea of how different Z87 boards perform. We also really want to get another i7 4770K as the performance on this particular chip doesn't seem too strong when it comes to overclocking.
Overall the Z87-Expert looks to be a strong board and anyone who is into ASUS options will no doubt like the performance, features and new color scheme that they've opted for. This is a good option, but we can't deny the simple fact that it's one of so many Z87 boards we're going to be looking at over the coming weeks, so stay tuned if you can wait before pulling out your credit card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017